Easy peasy lemon squeezy recipe. (no lemons were involved)
What you need:
- 3 slices of bacon (all fat removed)
- 3/4 eggs (whisked)
- Veg of some sort (mushrooms and spring onions chopped)
- Muffin tray
- Fry bacon in frying pan
- Add mushrooms and spring onions and fry until golden
- Spray muffin tray with fry light or low cal oil spray
- Spoon your bacon/mushrooms and spring onion into each “muffin”
- Add egg in
- Pop in the over for 30 mins at Gas Mark 4 and cook until golden.
What you need
- 4 skinless chicken breasts all fat removed
- Schwartz Perfect Shake Peri Peri (syn free)
- Nandos Peri-Peri sauce (1 level tbsp = 0.5 syns)
- 400g tinned tomatoes
- Worcester sauce
- Mixed peppers chopped
- Onions chopped
- Marinate chicken in the Schwartz peri peri shake for 20 mins (or longer if you prefer)
- Spray a casserole dish with Frylight or Oliver oil spray (0.5 syns per 5 squirts)
- Add the chicken and the chopped veg to tray and place in preheated over. (Gas Mark 6)
- After approx 30 mins add the tinned tomatoes, a tbsp of Worcester sauce and 2 tbsp of Peri-Peri sauce
- Leave to cook for another 30 mins
Serve with slimming world chips & veg or a bed of rice & veg.
Hamburgers in an onion gravy…it sounds bizarre. I know…I know.
This recipe occurred during a moment on experimentation and is now a firm favourite on our weekly shop!
What you will need:
- Low fat burgers – I use Malcolm Allan’s Scottish Slimmer checked burgers (1 syn each)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- Beef oxo cubes
- Brown the hamburgers on a slow heat
- Add the finely chopped onions and continue cooking until they soften
- Fill a jug with boiling water and add as many stocks as you want (I normally go for 4+)
- Once hamburgers are brown add the stock to the pan, ensuring that the hamburgers are covered completely.
- Cook on a slow heat for approximately an hour to allow gravy to thicken.
Serve with either slimming world chips and veg or with pasta and veg.